Thank you for being part of the SpineConnect community! To ensure the best possible experience for all users, we have established some basic guidelines for participation. By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violates these rules.
- Use caution when posting. Information posted on the discussions and in the libraries is available for all users of the SpineConnect community to see. Although SpineConnect uses SSL (the highest level of website security) to encrypt all communications to the community, we cannot control what other users do with information posted. Thus, do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Don’t post patient identifiable information. While HIPAA generally permits the sharing of data with other physicians for the purpose of facilitating discussions, SpineConnect does not permit the posting of patient identifiable information. It is your responsibility to make sure the information you post complies with this rule and the requirements you may be subject to under HIPAA.
- Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate others to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
- Don't post commercial messages on any discussion, resource library entry, or other area where others might see it. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Please read, and make sure your posts are in compliance with, the legal rules and disclaimers below.
- All messages must add to the body of knowledge. We reserve the right to reject any message for any reason, including the fact that NASS – in its sole discretion – finds the message to be not in the best interests of the organization or the SpineConnect forum and its collective users.
SpineConnect is provided as a service for individuals associated with the North American Spine Society (“NASS”). The views expressed are those of the individual contributors, not those of NASS. NASS disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on the site, whether posted by NASS or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall NASS be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party assigns to NASS any copyrights in the content posted and recognizes that NASS, as the copyright owner of the Site and its contents, has the right to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use any information or other material posted.
NASS does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of NASS, we will take all appropriate action.
Questions should be directed to NASS via the Contact Us link on this site. Technical questions on association management issues should be directed to our helpdesk.