Thank you for being part of the SpineConnect community! To ensure the best possible experience for all users, we have established some basic guidelines for participation. By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violates these rules.
The Posting Rules
The Legal Stuff
- Use caution when posting. Information posted on the discussions and in the libraries is available for all users of the SpineConnect community to see. Although SpineConnect uses SSL (the highest level of website security) to encrypt all communications to the community, we cannot control what other users do with information posted. Thus, do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Don’t post patient identifiable information. While HIPAA generally permits the sharing of data with other physicians for the purpose of facilitating discussions, SpineConnect does not permit the posting of patient identifiable information. It is your responsibility to make sure the information you post complies with this rule and the requirements you may be subject to under HIPAA.
- Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate others to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
- Don't post commercial messages on any discussion, resource library entry, or other area where others might see it. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Please read, and make sure your posts are in compliance with, the legal rules and disclaimers below.
- All messages must add to the body of knowledge. We reserve the right to reject any message for any reason.
SpineConnect is provided as a service for individuals associated with the North American Spine Society (“NASS”). NASS is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on the site, whether posted by NASS or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall NASS be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants NASS and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
NASS does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of NASS, we will take all appropriate action.
NASS reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
We respect your privacy:
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Site:
Our Service Providers.
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and Legal Disclosures.
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet.
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us page.
Questions should be directed to NASS via the Contact Us link on this site. Technical questions on association management issues should be directed to our helpdesk.